Recipe credit: Hajera Ebrahim [mum]
Picture credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Dough-± 2-3 cups boiled water2 tablespoon cold butter3 cups flour¾ teaspoon salt.
Filling-500g chicken fillet (cubed)1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon lemon pepper1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder1 teaspoon white chilli powder1 tablespoon green garlic masala2 tablespoon lemon juice1 tablespoon oil3 carrots (finely grated)1 green pepper (cubed)1 cup frozen corn1 tablespoon mayonnaise2 tablespoon flour.
1. Cook chicken in oil with spices and masala.
2. When halfway done, add carrots, peppers and corn.
3. When water is almost burnt out, add flour and stir in, allowing to thicken.
4. Add mayo and stir in, remove from stove and allow to cool.
5. Make dough by rubbing butter into dry ingredients.
6. Add boiling hot water gradually, binding with hands/back of spoon, to form a very soft dough. Cover dough with cloth.
7. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, and cut out rounds. Cover rounds with a cloth and work quickly so the dough does not dry out.
8. Fill ½ the round with filling, brush lai on rim of ½ circle and fold over dough. Be gentle with folding, if your dough is made correctly it is very soft.
9. Seal with a fork on edge. Leave in fridge for few minutes to firm up.
10. Dip in beaten egg and breadcrumbs and store in airtight container in deep freezer. Fry in shallow oil on medium heat until cooked through and golden on both sides.