ALOO (POTATO) SAMOOSAS
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
5 large potatoes (peeled+cubed small)
5 curry leaves
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon whole Jeeru (Cumin)
¼ - ½ teaspoon turmeric
1½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 tablespoon ground garlic
2 teaspoon ground green chillies (to taste)
2 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon mustard sauce
Freshly chopped dhania (coriander) (coriander)
Freshly chopped chives.
1. Add spices, garlic and chilli to potatoes and toss in a dish.
2. Heat oil in a big pan, with mustard seeds, Jeeru (Cumin) and curry leaves.
3. When seeds start to pop and brown, and curry leaves fragrant, add potatoes to pan and mix to coat all over.
4. Add water to pan a little at a time, as needed, to steam potatoes, turning potatoes now and then so they do not stick to bottom of pan.
5. When potatoes are tender, allow to cool, remove curry leaves and add chopped greens.
and.B: No need to mash potatoes if cubed small. As you turn the filling, it will slightly mush up on it's own.
# I also add 1 cup grated gouda cheese to the filling when cooled and then fill samoosas and freeze in airtight container.