Recipe credit: hajera ebrahim (mum)
Picture credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
250g butter (room temp),
1 cup ordinary sugar,
4 XL eggs,
2 teaspoon vanilla essence,
2 cups cake flour,
1 cup milk,
3 teaspoon baking powder.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a deep dish, beat (with an electric mixer) the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate dish.
5. Add vanilla essence and beat.
6. Alternate pouring in a little at a time, between flour and milk, beating until both used up.
7. Divide batter between cupcake cases and bake for +/-15 minutes.
8. To test if the cakes are done, poke a knife or skewer through the cake, and if it comes out clean with no cake residue, the cake is cooked through.
and.b: Spoon batter ¾ way full into cupcake cases