Caramel Coffee Cake
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon coffee (dissolved in 2 teaspoon water)
1 cup cake flour
Pinch of salt
Caramel treat for decoration.
- whisk eggs & castor sugar until light & fluffy
- whisk in cream of tartar & dissolved coffee
- fold in the sifted flour & salt until well mixed.
- pour mixture into 2 greased cake pans
- bake @ 180c for 30-40 minutes
- when baked allow to cool.
- sandwich & decorate with caramel treat.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Book does not mention oil or butter, but I put in 2tbs oil & 1 tsp baking powder.