Spaghetti & Meatballs
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahimPic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
Ingredients:250g linguini/ spaghetti,Drizzle oil,Pinch rough salt.
Meatballs:500g lean beef mince,1 teaspoon salt,1 teaspoon chilli powder,1 teaspoon ground green chillies,1 teaspoon ground garlic1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder,Pinch turmeric powder,½ teaspoon black pepper,Fist fresh dhania (coriander) (chopped),Fist fresh chives (chopped).
Sauce:2 large tomatoes (liquidized),1 onion,Cinnamon stick,½ teaspoon chilli powder,Pinch turmeric powder,½ teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder,½ teaspoon salt,Lemon juice (to taste),1 tin Koo spaghetti in tomato cheese sauce,
ToppingsCheese of choice (grated),Dried oregano.
1. Wash and drain mince till dry. Bind with ingredients listed and form golf ball sized kebabs.
2. In a deep pot, pour in some oil and heat on medium heat. When hot, add kebabs, and fry, sealing and browning all around the kebab.
3. Remove kebabs, and add onions and cinnamon, frying until golden.
4. Add tomatoes and spices and allow tomato water to burn out and tomato to thicken into a chutney.
5. Add kebabs to pot and allow to cook through in tomato chutney.
6. When done, add tinned spaghetti and cook through, till both sauces incorporated.
7. In a deep pot, bring water to boil with oil and salt, then add linguini and cook till aldente.
8. Place linguini in a serving bowl, spoon on tomato chutney and kebabs and sprinkle over cheese and oregano.