Red Velvet Oreo Hazelnut Parfait
Rec red: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 ¼ cups flour
¾ cup castor sugar
½ teaspoon bicarb. of soda
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 XL egg
¾ cup oil
½ teaspoon vinegar
½ bottle crimson red coloring
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup toasted hazelnuts
250ml fresh cream/ orley whip
icing sugar (to taste)
Dairymilk chocolate (melted)
1. Bake the cake 1st by preheating oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
3. In another bowl combine
buttermilk, egg, oil, and coloring. mix well.
4. Add into flour, mix well.
5. Combine vinegar and bicarb and pour over batter, briskly whisk in.
6. Spoon batter into cupcakes cases and bake for 15 minutes.
7. When cooled, roughly crumble cake.
8. Whip fresh cream stiff with icing sugar to taste.
9. Layer cake, cream, roughly crushed oreos, melted choc and hazelnuts and repeat.
10. Decorate with oreos. Chill in fridge and serve chilled