Rec red: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 ¼ cups flour¾ cup castor sugar½ teaspoon bicarb. of soda2 teaspoon cocoa powder½ teaspoon salt½ cup buttermilk1 XL egg¾ cup oil½ teaspoon vinegar½ bottle crimson red coloring½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Topping:½ cup toasted hazelnuts250ml fresh cream/ orley whip icing sugar (to taste)Dairymilk chocolate (melted)Oreo cookies
1. Bake the cake 1st by preheating oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
3. In another bowl combine
buttermilk, egg, oil, and coloring. mix well.
4. Add into flour, mix well.
5. Combine vinegar and bicarb and pour over batter, briskly whisk in.
6. Spoon batter into cupcakes cases and bake for 15 minutes.
7. When cooled, roughly crumble cake.
8. Whip fresh cream stiff with icing sugar to taste.
9. Layer cake, cream, roughly crushed oreos, melted choc and hazelnuts and repeat.
10. Decorate with oreos. Chill in fridge and serve chilled