150 gr sugar
125 gr butter
2 tablespoon milk
150 gr flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 gr (good quality) dark chocolate slab
A pinch of salt
• Preheat the oven at 180°C ( 350F )
• Separate the yolk from the white of the eggs. Keep the white aside
• In a bowl mix the yolks and sugar together till white and kind of fluffy
• Melt the butter and add to the beaten yolks and sugar + add the milk. Mix.
• Add the flour and baking powder. Mix.
• Separate the mixture equally in two different bowls
• In one bowl incorporate the vanilla essence. And in the other bowl incorporate the chocolate (that you have melted previously)
• Beat the white eggs with the pinch of salt till stiff. Then add it equally to the two mixture (1⁄2 to the vanilla mixture and 1⁄2 to the chocolate mixture)
• In a greased baking pan, pour 1⁄2 chocolate mixture then half vanilla on top then 1⁄2 choc again then 1⁄2 vanilla.
• Swirl a butter knife in for a marble design in the cake.
• Bake in the oven for 30 to 35mn more or less ( just check when a toothpick comes out dry when inserted)
INFO / TIPS
-This cake is usually made in rectangle baking loaf. I used a ring mould and it still came out right. So i guess any kind can be used.
- Author of the recipe and pic is Samar from the website 'mes inspirations culinaires'