2 cups rice
1 teaspoon salt
1 large green or red pepper diced
1 large onion sliced
1 cup carrots diced
1 cup frozen peas
4 heaped teaspoon spice for rice
4-5 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
• Add washed rice, salt, peas and carrots to rapidly boiling water
• Cook on moderate heat - drain
• In a separate pan make wagaar with ghee (Clarified butter), onion, pepper and spice for rice
• Stir wagaar gently into the rice
• Transfer the pot to preheated oven. Allow to steam for 1⁄2 hour at 180°C
INFO / TIPS
- Just use whatever is at hand if you dont have all the ingredients. I hv made it quiet a few times without carrots, or without peas, or without pepper.. and it still comes out fine.
- Serve with curry of choice.