Lemon Saffron Rice
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 cup Dunar basmati rice
1 small onion (sliced)
4 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon saffron threads
1⁄2 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon rough salt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
2-3 drops saffron essence (optional)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1. Seep saffron in 1⁄2 cup boiling water.
2. In a deep pot, saute onion in butter.
3. When onions are softened, add garlic and saute.
4. Mix chicken stock in water. Add to onions, with lemon juice and salt.
5. Cover with pot with lid, and bring water to boil. Rinse out rice.
6. Add rice to water. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring in between.
7. When liquid has reduced 3⁄4 way, drop to lowest heat, and allow rice to puff.
8. Taste rice, add more lemon juice or saffron essence if you'd like flavour stronger.
9. Once rice has steamed & fluffed, add parsley and mix in with a fork, loosening rice.
10. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
Note: I used edible flowers from PnP