2 punnets of fresh strawberries
250 ml of Woolworths double thick cream
250 ml of whipped cream
2×150g of Woolworths double cream strawberry yoghurt
1 can of Nestle condensed milk
1⁄2 teaspoon of halaal gelatin powder
Juice of 1 fresh lemon or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1.Remove stem and leaves from strawberries and slice longitudinaly and lay it out in a dish of your choice.
2. In a seperate bowl combine 1⁄2 teaspoon of gelatin with 2 tablespoons of warm water.Allow the gelatin to bloom.
3. In a large bowl combine the double thick cream, yoghurt, condensed milk and the juice of 1 whole lemon.
4. Add tje gelatin to the mixture and mix it well ensuring the gelatin is incorporated into the mixture
5. Thereafter add the whipped cream to the mixture and lightly fold to incorporate.
5. Pour the mixture over the strawberries and combine lightly.
6. Leave the strawberries and cream to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Serve and enjoy!
INFO / TIPS
1. Ensure the gelatin is completely incorporated into the mixture.
2. The lemon juice adds a slight tart taste but can be left out.
3. The purpose of the gelatin is to thicken the desert not set it.
4. Condensed milk can be added to taste.Depends on how sweet you like it.
5. Whipped cream is added for a lighter dessert.Ensure to fold it into the mixture lightly so that the air is not removed it.