MINCE & BRINJAL (vengra/ eggplant/ aubergine)
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g mutton mince (washed & drained)
1 onion (sliced)
1 taj piece (cinnamon)
2 large tomatoes (liquidized)
1 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon brown vinegar
2 large brinjals/ 6 small
1. Braise onion in oil with taj until golden. Remove taj.
2. Add chillies and spices and braise until fragrant.
3. Add mince, mustard powder and vinegar and coat well.
4. Cook until no water remains. Add tomatoes.
5. Mix in well. Cut brinjals and stuff mince into them then place into remainder mince.
6. Cook, adding water as needed, until tender and no liquid remains.
7. Optional garnish with chopped dhania (coriander) and serve with roti.