Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 box hake medallions (cut into big cubes)2 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon garlic pastesalt White pepper
Batter-1 cup cake flour (sifted)¼ cup maizena (corn flour) (sifted)½ teaspoon turmeric powder½ teaspoon salt2 tablespoon sunflower oil½ teaspoon egg yellow food colouring ¼ teaspoon bircarbonate of soda1 tablespoon vinegar (to make batter crispy)
Also needed:1000 island sauce Chilli sauce (or sauces of choice)LettuceSliced onionGrated carrotLays Thai Sweet Chilli chips (crushed- optional)Store bought wraps
1. Marinate fish cubes in above.
2. Mix all batter ingredients together, (adding vinegar and bicarb last) with warm water to make a thick batter.
3. Dip fish cubes into batter and deep fry until crispy and golden.
4. Place on oven tray and reheat on bake until ready to assemble.
5. Squirt sauce onto wrap, then place lettuce, carrot and onion, then fish nuggets, then more sauce, then chips. Fold over and toast wrap on tawa. Serve hot.