Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg topside steak (cut into flat small even pieces)
1 onion (sliced)
1 piece taj
1⁄2 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 tomatoes (liquidized)
Fresh dhania (coriander) (chopped)
1. Braise onion with taj until golden.
2. Add masala and spices, braise till fragrant.
3. Add steak, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
4. Cook till no water remains, then add tomatoes and sauce.
5. Add more water if needed to cook till steak is tender.
6. Cook until a thickened chutney has formed.
7. Garnish with dhania (coriander). Serve with bread or roti.