Mock Wrappo Clappo Sandwiches
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g topside steak (stripped)
1 onion (sliced)
1 piece taj
1⁄2 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 tomatoes (liquidized)
Garlic french polony slices
3 large potatoes (cut into fat chips)
Salt and chilli powder (to taste)
Grated gouda cheeses
White sliced Bread
1. Braise onion with taj until golden.
2. Add masala and spices, braise till fragrant.
3. Add steak, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
4. Cook till no water remains, then add tomatoes and sauce.
5. Add more water if needed to cook till steak is tender.
6. Cook until a thickened gravy has formed. Remove taj.
7. Cook polony and deep fry chips. Season chips with salt and chilli powder.
8. On bread drizzle tomato sauce. Place polony slices. Then sprinkle on cheese.
9. Shred the steak and spoon onto cheese, spoon on gravy. Place spiced chips, drizzle more tomato sauce and close sandwich with another slice of bread.
10. Spread margarine on both outer sides of sandwich. Heat a pan, and place down. Allow the one side to become golden brown and crispy, then flip. Repeat process on other side and serve hot.