Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @ruhanas_kitchen
500g topside steak (stripped)
1 onion (sliced)
1 piece taj
1⁄2 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 tomatoes (liquidized)
Grated gouda cheese
2 dzn Slider Buns
1. Braise onion with taj until golden.
2. Add masala and spices, braise till fragrant.
3. Add steak, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
4. Cook till no water remains, then add tomatoes and sauce.
5. Add more water if needed to cook till steak is tender.
6. Cook until a thickened gravy has formed. Remove taj. Shred the steak.
7. Cut holes into tops of buns. Squirt in tomato sauce.
8. Spoon in steak with gravy and then squirt over little more sauce.
9. Sprinkle over cheese and herbs.
10. Bake buns till crispy on outside and cheese is melted.