Mini custard slice
Recipe by : Naeema Mia - @naeema_mia
Pic credit : @naeema_mia
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoon baking
Pinch of salt
2 cups flour
3 cups milk
3 tablespoon custard powder
¼ cup sugar
* Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
* Add in eggs and vanilla beat well.
* Lastly sift baking powder, salt and flour. Add to form a soft dough.
* Roll thinly on a floured surface.
* Use desired shape cutter and cut out dough.
* Place on to a baking tray, bake @180 deg for 5 - 7 minutes, remove and cool completly.
Custard method :
Mix custard powder with little milk to make a paste.
Heat milk in a pot with sugar, when it reaches boiling point add the custard mixture, stir continuously until thick.
Remove from heat, cool completly.
Seperate custard in 3 bowls adding a little more to one bowl.
The bowl with more custard leave plain, add 1-2 drop red and green color to the other 2 bowls
For each mini you will need four biscuits.
Layer the biscuit add 1 teaspoon red custard on one biscuit top with another biscuit then add green top with another then red again top with the last biscuit and pour yellow custard over.
Repeat this step with the rest of biscuits alternating colors ending with the yellow custard.
Decorate with grated chocolate.
Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
I made two shapes, for the square I used a 5 x 5 cm square cutter and round I used a 2.5 inch round cutter.