White Chicken Korma
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large onion (sliced)
Pinch whole Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
1kg chicken fillet (large cubes)
2 tablespoon ground garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoon green chilli paste (or more)
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
½ - 1 teaspoon garum masala powder
250ml thick plain yogurt
Fresh dhania (coriander) (chopped)
1. Braise onions with Jeeru (Cumin) seeds and oil until lightly golden.
2. Add chillies, spices, ginger and garlic and braise till fragrant.
3. Add chicken and lemon juice and coat well.
4. Allow to cook till halfway, then add yoghurt.
5. Cook till thickened and garnish with dhania (coriander). Serve with roti, rice or naan.