Sloppy Joes 1
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large onion (sliced)
1 piece taj (cinnamon bark)
2 Elachi (cardomom) pods
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
250g lean beef mince
2 large tomatoes (liquidized)
1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
1 packet burger buns
Grated cheddar cheese
Pickled sliced jalapenos
1. Braise onion in oil with taj and Elachi (cardomom) till golden.
2. Add masala and spices and braise till fragrant.
3. Add washed mince with vinegar and mustard.
4. Mix in well and cook till no liquid remains.
5 Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook till a thick gravy forms.
6. Slice buns. Spoon on mince with gravy. This is an original "Sloppy Joe".
The next step is my spin on a Sloppy Joe.
7. Sprinkle on cheese and place on jalapenos. Close bun and serve hot.