125g Clover unsalted butter, softened
½ cup oil
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon cream of wheat (semolina)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarb of soda (baking soda)
1 teaspoon ground cardamon powder
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
2 ½ cups all purpose cake flour
Almonds cut in half lengthways
1. Preheat oven to 175'C.
2. Cream the butter, oil & sugar together till light & fluffy.
3. Mix in the baking powder, bicarb, cream of wheat & ground spices.
4. Add in the cake flour & form a soft dough.
5. Roll into -+4cm balls / ping pong ball size & place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Leave room for spreading of biscuits.
7. Place almond in the centre & lightly press into the dough.
8. Bake for 20 minutes till cracks form & golden in colour.
9. Enjoy together with your nanima / dadima over a lovely cuppa' chai tea.
INFO & TIPS
This recipe is flop proof everytime & never seizes to amaze me with its light texture & rich taste. It's simply moreish & your fans will be begging for more!