1⁄2 kg beef cubes (boneless chuck works well)
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion (cut into wedges)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 teaspoon crushed cumin
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1 bay leaf
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1⁄2 beef stock cube (Knorrox works well)
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 cup baby carrots
dash of fresh cream
1. Salt beef cubes and sear on all sides on a hot oiled grill/ tawa, till browned.
2. Place beef, onions, garlic and seasonings into an oven proof casserole.
3. Add canned tomatoes and paste as well as stock cube dissolved in 1 cup of hot water.
4. Allow to cook for about 1 hour at 150 degrees.
5. After an hour, add sliced peppers, carrots and replace in the oven for another hour or until beef is soft and sauce has thickened.
6. Before serving, mix in a dash of cream and sprinkle over freshly chopped parsley.
INFO / TIPS
Paprika is not very strong in terms of heat, so replace 1tsp of paprika with cayenne pepper, and add 2 sliced jalapenos instead of a green pepper for a spicier option.
**Please note: The pic attached is not mine, but taken off a website, as I did not get a chance to take a pic of my version.http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/assets_c/2016/01/20160205-beef-goulash-hungarian-recipe-food-lab-26-thumb-1500xauto-429586.jpg