Caprese Eggplant Stacks
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large eggplant
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Oil as needed
2 large tomatoes
1 handful baby spinach leaves
½ cup Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1. In a saucepan place vinegar with brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
3. Let cool and pour into a bottle with a lid; store in refrigerator.
4. Slice eggplant into medium thick slices.
5. Mix all spices together and dry rub eggplant slices.
6. Heat a pan on high heat, with a drizzle of oil, and charr off eggplant on either side.
7. When done, slice tomatoes medium thick and cook for 15sec each side.
8. Start stacks with eggplant at bottom, then tomato, then mozzarella slices then baby spinach and repeat layers till veg done.
9. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and heat in oven till cheese is goeey.
10. Serve with grilled meat.