Citrus Beetroot Salad
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
200g rocket/ shredded lettuce
200g baby spinach
2 oranges segmented (with juice)
½ cup sliced toasted almonds
1 block Woolworths feta cheese (cubed)
4 medium beetroot (boiled, cut into eights)
3 slices bread of choice
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
2-4 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon olive oil
small pinch salt
1. Peel and boil beetroot, until beets can be easily pierced with a knife.
2. Allow to cool, season with pinch salt and pepper.
3. Cube bread and heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over med/high heat. Add bread and season with salt and pepper.
4. Toast bread, tossing or stirring frequently until crispy, about 5 minutes.
5. Whisk orange juice, lemon, honey and salt in a bowl.
6. Add oil in a slowly, whisking until well blended.
7. Toss spinach and rocket/lettuce with half of vinaigrette. Lay down in serving bowl/platter.
8. Arrange beets, orange segments and croutons on top.
9. Drizzle with additional dressing to taste.
10. Garnish with feta and almonds.