Baby Corn Fry
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 trays baby corn (sliced in half lengthwise)
1 large carrot (sliced in batons)
1 tablespoon oil
¼ teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
½ teaspoon kulunji seeds
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon crushed roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon fresh dhania (coriander) (chopped)
1. Rinse veg and cut as needed.
2. Cover veg in water in pot and add pinch rough salt.
3. Cover pot with lid and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Drain all water and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add Jeeru (Cumin) and kulunji.
6. Temper seeds for few seconds, then add ginger, garlic, dry spices, chilli sauce, tomato paste and peanuts. Mix well.
7. Drop heat to low, add ¼ cup water and simmer for 5 minutes, mixing now and then.
8. Add lemon and coriander and mix in.
Serve as is with roti or as a side dish to rice.
optional: Garnish with yoghurt and spring onions.