Stuffed Spinach Quinoa Roasted Butternut
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 medium sized Butternut
1 small red onion sliced
1 tablespoon oil
1 punnet Woolworths Baby spinach
½ cup Quinoa
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Rough red chillies
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1. Cook quinoa according to packet instructions and leave aside.
2. Saute onion in oil for 2min then add garlic chopped spinach and wilt. Add to quinoa.
3. Season with salt and pepper and good pinch chilli flakes. Leave aside.
4. Cut butternut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Rinse out butternut.
5. Wash seeds and dry toast to mix in quinoa or use as a garnish on salad or soup.
6. Score butternut pieces.
7. Make a dry rub with spices and rub onto both halves.
8. Drizzle over oil and bake in preheated oven at 180degC till tender.
9. When tender, place oven on grill and char.
10. Reheat quinoa, stuff into butternut and garnish with pomegranate, feta and coriander.
Note: I made only half the amount of quinoa, and only half butternut for 2 of us. I served it with grilled Peri-Peri chicken.