By cooking and baking creations
Tried and tested by Jameela Sayed
1 cup of green mugh
1 litre cold water
1small onion sliced
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
2 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon jeeru (cumin)
1 whole elachie
1 piece of cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon ready fried onions
½ teaspoon green chillie paste
½ red chillie paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tomato grated
1 teaspoon salt
¼ turmeric powder
½ chillie powder
1 teaspoon chicken spice
1 teaspoon methie masala
1. Wash mugh in cold water.
2. Place in pot and add the water and
3. Boil till done.. for about 30 to 40 minutes
4.Heat the ghee (Clarified butter) and oil in a pan.
5. Add whole spices and allow to sizzle.
6. Add fried onions , allow to sizzle for a few seconds.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients.
8. Braise till tomatos are cooked and oil comes up.
9. Add the chutney to the mugh and simmer on low till thick.
10. Garnish with fresh dhania (coriander), mint , shallot and curry leaves.
Happy cooking and baking 💜💜
14 Nov 2017