Churros (Spanish Donuts)
Rec cred: @theretrokitchen
½ teaspoon salt
280g sifted flour
3 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 eggs (beaten)
Oil for frying
Castor sugar & cinnamon powder (for rolling)
1. Heat butter & water on stove, till it starts bubbling.
2. Add in salt, flour, brown sugar, vanilla and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball.
3. When it cools a bit, add in eggs, till it comes together.
4. Place in a piping bag with a 6 star nozzle.
5. Heat oil in a wide frying pan, and pipe into hot oil.
6. Pipe in 4 at a time, cutting off dough with a scissors when desired length is reached.
7. The less churros piped into oil, fries more evenly.
8. Make sure the dough is cooked through in center.
9. Roll churros in cinnamon sugar.
10. Serve with chocolate sauce/ Nutella.