Crispy Cajun Smashed Baby Potatoes
Rec & pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1kg baby potatoes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt (or Aromat (a South African Spice))
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup veg oil
1. Boil for 20min on med-high heat.
2. When tender, drain, and place on oven tray.
3. Smash with the back of a spoon, but keep potato together.
4. When all is smashed, drizzle half of oil over.
5. Mix flour with all spices.
6. Individually dip each smashed potato into cajun flour mixture.
7. Drizzle over remainder oil.
8. Place in preheated oven at 180degC.
9. Bake for further 20-30min until reddened and crispy.
10. Serve as a side with Miracle Whip.
Note: may just add a good cajun spice to flour and dip potatoes in.