Rec cred: food with flair
Shared by Hanifa Ebrahim
250g baking margarine
1 cup ordinary sugar
1 1⁄2 cups desiccated coconut
1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
1⁄2 cup chopped pecan nuts
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon golden syrup
3 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Add softened margarine into dry ingredients and form "crumbs".
3. Heat water and syrup until syrup dissolves.
4. Add bicarb to syrup water and mix well.
5. Add water mixture to flour crumb mixture and bind into a dough.
6. Roll into even sized balls & flatten slightly with a fork.
7. Place in preheated oven at 180degC.
8. Bake for +/-15min till golden.
9. Allow to cool & crispen.
10. Store in airtight container.