Chocolate Oil Cake
Rec cred: Shaheeda Ebrahim Adam (aunt)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1 cup castor sugar
½ cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup warm water
4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 cup flour
2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180degC.
2. Grease & line a 22cm round pan.
3. Beat eggs and sugar for 3min till pale & fluffy.
4. Beat in oil & vanilla.
5. Mix water & cocoa powder.
6. Sift flour and baking powder.
7. Add both alternatively, then beat till smooth batter.
8. Bake for approximately 35-40min or until a skewer inserted in center removes clean.
9. Allow to cool. Remove from pan.
10. Decorate as desired. Use Chocolate frosting/ganache.