Sojee (semolina flour) Porridge
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim,
½ cup semolina
¼ cup ghee (Clarified butter)
1 cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
2 cups milk
Sugar to taste
Singora powder (optional)
1. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) and cinnamon in pot.
2. Add semolina and braise till lightly golden.
3. Add ½ the milk and mix well, removing lumps.
4. Drop heat to low.
5. Add remainder milk, then Elachi (cardomom) powder & sugar to taste.
6. Stir on low heat till porridge consistency reached.
Note: I used 3 Elachi (cardomom) pods aswell, as I like the strong taste. I also garnished with little cinnamon powder. You may add saffron to the porridge if you like.