1 ½ cups sun-dried Tomatoes
1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup White Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup Milk
⅔ cups Unsweetened Applesauce (or Oil)
2 cloves Garlic
4 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Leaves (I used dried herbs but I think fresh would be heaps better and flavoursome)
¼ cups Crumbled Feta Cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
2. To make them easier to chop later on, soak the sundried tomatoes in enough water to cover them while you make the rest of the bread. (If they are already in oil, then no need)
3. In a medium sized bowl combine the whole wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs. Combine the milk and applesauce with the eggs. Then add the flour mixture. Mix until mostly combined.
5. Mince the garlic and cook it slightly by microwaving it for 25 seconds. Mince the rosemary also. Remove the sundried tomatoes from the water and shake off any excess water. Chop the tomatoes into ¼ inch pieces.
6. Add the garlic, rosemary, sundried tomatoes, and feta to the dough and mix until just combined.
7. Butter and flour a standard sized loaf pan (don’t forget this part; since the bread has no oil it will stick otherwise). Place the dough into the bread pan.
8. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out mostly clean after being inserted into the loaf.
INFO & TIPS
Makes a great snack with spread and cheese.
Or serve as a side with a roast
Quick and easy - no yeast needed!
Recipe adapted from TastyKitchen.com