1 large onion (sliced)
3 Elachi (cardomom) pods
2 pieces taj (cinnamon)
1kg mutton curry pieces
1 large tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
2 teaspoon mustard powder
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon chilli powder
4 large tomatoes (liquidized)
3 large potatoes (cut in halves or quarters)
1 1⁄2 cups water
1⁄2 bunch chopped dhania (coriander) (coriander)
4-6 large rotis (cooked)
1. Braise onion with oil, taj and Elachi (cardomom) until golden.
2. Add spices, vinegar and chillies and braise until fragrant.
3. Add mutton and coat well.
4. Cook until mutton is tender, adding water as needed.
5. Fry potatoes until crispy and golden outside and soft inside.
6. Add tomatoes to pot and cook until reduced.
7. Add potatoes and water as needed to make a gravy.
8. Make sure gravy is quite wet.
9. Break rotis into small pieces.
10. Then mix into curry.
12. Cover pot and allow to cook with gravy.
13. Roti will soak up the gravy & take on a dumpling consistency.
14. May serve with achaar.