Turkish Semolina Cake
Amended recipe shared by sofhia kaka
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
3 extra large eggs
½ cup ordinary sugar
250ml double cream yogurt
1 cup oil
¼ cup cake flour
1 cup semolina
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Elachi (cardomom) powder
1 cup ordinary sugar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon rose essence
1. Boil all syrup ingredients, cool and place in fridge.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar until light & fluffy.
3. Add in all wet ingredients, then all dry ingredients.
4. Pour into a greased medium sized rectangle pyrex dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for approximately 30min till golden brown & when skewered, removes clean.
6. Once cake is done, whilst still hot, poke holes all over cake with a toothpick.
7. Pour cold syrup over and sprinkle over chopped pistachios.
8. Leave in fridge for a few hours.
9. Then cut into squares.
10. Dust over some icing sugar & decorate with edible rose buds.