Broccoli Hash Browns
Rec cred: Amended recipe of @myworldofcooking
(Which is originally fritters)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1 large potato (peeled & grated)
1 large red onion (grated)
1 cup self-raising flour
2 extra large eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup fresh bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon green chilli garlic paste
Handful coriander (chopped)
Oil (for greasing hands & frying)
1. Chop off and discard the hard part of the stem of the broccoli.
2. Place the broccoli into a food processor and pulse till the broccoli is chopped.
3. Transfer in to a mixing bowl with grated potato & onion.
4. Then add in remainder ingredients and mix very well.
5. If the mixture becomes too dry just add a little water.
6. Mixture should be able to roll into a ball and then shape into hash brown with greased hands.
7. Shape hash browns and place in fridge to firm a little.
8. In the meantime, heat a frying pan with 2 ladels of oil.
9. Once the oil is hot place in hash browns and fry till golden bown & crisp on either side.
10. Serve as a side with grilled meat, or in a burger. I served with poached eggs & masala steak.