Mugni Dhar Samoosas
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 cup mugni dhal (yellow moong- soaked for 3 hours),
1 large onion (finely sliced),
1-2 teaspoon ground green chillies,
Fresh spring onion (chopped),
Fresh dhania (coriander) (chopped),
1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt,
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder,
1 teaspoon white pepper,
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
1 green pepper (finely diced- optional)
2 tablespoon oil
1. Soak dhar for 3 hours until it swells, rinse and drain.
2. Braise onion with oil, until translucent.
3. Mix washed dhar with rest of ingredients.
4. Add to pot, on medium heat, add 1 cup water and cook.
5. When half way done add diced pepper and little more water & cook till soft.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Fill into samoosa pur, then seal with water flour paste.
8. Freezer suitable.
9. Fry till golden brown.
10. Serve with dip of choice.
1. For more tangy flavour add 1-2 tomatoes liquidized.
2. May leave out diced pepper.
3. May add chopped fried pattha slices into cooled filling & serve with yoghurt.