Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 cup sugar beans
1 large onion (sliced)
3 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
½ stem curry leaves
3 elachie pods
3 large tomatoes (liquidized)
½ tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Soak the beans overnight.
2. Boil the beans till tender.
3. Whilst beans are boiling make the tomato chutney ready.
4. Braise onions with Jeeru (Cumin), curry leaves and elachie till lightly golden, then add masala and spices.
5. Braise till fragnant then add tomatoes.
6. Cook tomatoes till ⅓ reduced, then add beans.
7. Cook till the gravy starts to thicken.
8. Add in sauces.
9. Cook till gravy has thickened to consistency you wish.
10. Garnish with dhania (coriander). Serve with soft white bread or roti.
Note: I like to add a splash of vinegar to my own serving before eating and usually serve with katchumar