Homemade Frozen Fries
4 medium potatoes
2 litres of water
1 tablespoon salt
1. Rinse the potatoes, pat dry, peel if you wish and cut into your desired fries size.
2. Bring the water and salt to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and allow the water to come to a boil again. Once it starts boiling, time 3 minutes and thereafter, immediately transfer the potatoes to a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking process)
3. Drain the potatoes and dry completely using a kitchen towel or paper towel.
4. Add them to a dish with the oil and coat well (you could add seasoning to the oil as well for seasoned fries). Transfer to a baking sheet and place them in a freezer until frozen.
5. Once they are frozen, portion them and store in a zip lock bag.
How to prepare:
Bake or air fry at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes, tossing in between
Fry in hot oil until golden
For potato wedges, boil for about 5-6 minutes