1. 18 ounces white cake mix
2. 3 egg whites Start
3. 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
4. 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
5. 1⁄2 teaspoon bubblegum extract or 1⁄2
teaspoon grated orange zest
6. 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
7. 32 ounces confectioners\' sugar
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
9. jumbo pink colored sprinkles, to taste
10. oversized candy sprinkles, to taste ( round
pink cake decors and pink candy buttons)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Line 18 muffin cups
with cupcake liners.
2. On low speed, beat cake mix, 1 1⁄3 c water,
egg whites, 2 tablespoon butter, bubblegum extract and
food coloring until combined (about 30
seconds). On medium speed, beat until thick
and smooth (2 minutes).
3. Divide batter among liners. Bake 18-20
minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
Cool completely on rack.
4. On medium-high speed, beat remaining
butter until light and fluffy (2 minutes). Gradually
beat in sugar, 2 tablespoon water and vanilla until
smooth. If desired, transfer frosting to pastry bag
fitted with large round tip. Pipe or spread over
5. Decorate with sprinkles, decors, and
buttons. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS