DOUGH160 ml milk (⅔ cup)1 ½ teaspoon instant yeast 2 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar2 ½ cups strong all-purpose flour1 large egg½ teaspoon salt3 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
FILLING½ cup soft brown sugar1 tablespoon ground cinnamon1 ½ tablespoon butter, melted
TOPPING (optional)¼ cup unsalted butter¼ cup brown sugar2 tablespoon honey/ Golden syrup ⅛ teaspoon salt¾ cup chopped pecans
1. In a saucepan heat the milk or microwave till warm
2. Add in the yeast and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Add in the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl , add the milk mixture and mix well until a thick dough forms
4. Add in the melted butter and knead for about 10 minutes.
5. Once kneaded, leave the dough to rise twice it’s size in a warm area for about an hour
FILLING6. In a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon - set aside
7. Once the dough has risen, roll out flat with a little bit of flour
8. Paste with melted butter to cover the dough then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture made in step 6
9. roll out and then cut into pieces (about 2 ½ - 3 cm thick )
10. Lay out in a well greased baking pan and bake on 180 Cup for 25 minutes until golden brown.
TOPPINGS (optional ) Add all the ingredients in a pot (except pecan nuts) until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
Once the cinnamon rolls are baked, drizzle over the caramel sauce made above and crushed pecan nuts.
INFO & TIPS
Sometimes I add the caramel sauce and nuts in the baking pan before baking the cinnamon rolls , place the rolls on top and then bake. Once done and golden , I flip over the enter dish onto a separate plate or dish and enjoy warm 🤍
17 Jul 2022