• 1 ¾ cups (225 g) flour • 2 teaspoon baking powder• ¼ teaspoon salt• 175 g (¾ cup) softened butter• 150 g (¾ cups) sugar (I used castor sugar but you can use regular sugar)• ⅔ Cup (150 ml) milk• 2 eggs (lightly beaten)• 1&½ teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
1. Heat oven to 170c. Grease and line your baking tin. (I used a loaf tin)
2. Get all your dry ingredients together : mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, make the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar together until a pale light colour.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low speed setting, a bit at a time. Add the vanilla extract/essence.
5. Add half the milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed.Once combined, add the remaining milk and gently fold in the remaining * flour until combined.
6. Transfer the cake mixture into the greased and lined loaf tin. Then place in the oven for 1 hour-1 hour and 5 minutes.
INFO & TIPS
Allow to cool, decorate as/if desired or enjoy plain with some chai.
I would opt for a white or milk chocolate ganache or an icing sugar glaze for decorating.
08 Nov 2022