5 baby chickens – keep aside
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup dhana jeeru (cumin) – mix
½ - 1 cup ginger masala (red)
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon coarse red chillies
1 ½ teaspoon arad (Turmeric) (haldi)
salt to taste
2 grated tomatoes
2 tab mustard
¼ cup tomato puree
whole black pepper
1 teaspoon fine Elachi (cardomom)
1 tablespoon till (sesame seeds)
1 tablespoon saffron powder – fine
1 hand full fried onions
+/- ½ cup ghee (Clarified butter)
+/- ¼ cup oil
- Mix all the above ingredients besides the fried onions and
ghee (Clarified butter).
- Take half the masala add the ghee (Clarified butter) to it and cook in a pot for
- Take the baby chickens rub on the raw masala.
- Then add rest of the cooked masala to the chickens. Place in
- Cook until done. Add extra ghee (Clarified butter) if needed.
- Serve with seasoned baby potatoes. Decorate with vegetables,
fat chips, etc.