5 cups cake flour
1 cube fresh yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 cups water (lukewarm)
1⁄2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon fresh thyme or oregano
1 tablespoon garlic slivers
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt for sprinkling over
1. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Reserve half a cup of flour for dusting when kneading.
3. Cream the yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar and stir into the water.
4. Make a well in the flour and pour in the butter and yeast liquid.
5. Knead into a soft dough.
6. Rub oil over the ball of dough.
7. Cover and leave to double for an hour.
8. Punch down and knead again.
9. Divide the dough into 8 portions.
10. Flatten each into a round and arrange on floured baking sheet.
11. Allow to rise for 25 minutues
12. Preheat oven 200'C
13. Brush Foccacia with melted butter and salt
14. Press the thyme or oregano and garlic top of each.
15. Bake for 30 minutues or until golden brown.