- submitted by Dahlia on 03-18-2008
Corn - 1 cup
Basmati rice - 2 cups
Onion -1 large ( cut lengthwise)
Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Green chilli - 3 nos (chopped)
Oil -3 tablespoon
ghee (Clarified butter) - 3 tablespoon
Coconut milk/Yogurt - 1 cup
Water -3 cups
Salt - to taste
Chilly powder - 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
Corrainder leaves - ¼ cup (chopped)
Mint leaves - ¼ cup (chopped)
Whole Garam Masala
(Bay leaf - 1, Cinnamon Stick- 2, Cloves -5, Cardamon
1. Soak 2 cups of Basmati rice for atleast half an
hour. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. In a heavy deep vessel heat oil and ghee (Clarified butter) together
and fry bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardomon.
3. Add onions and saute till golden brown.
4. When onions turn slightly brown add ginger garlic
paste and tomatoes. Saute till it becomes a paste.
5. Next add chopped green chilly, chopped
corrainder and mint leaves.
6. Now add the corn kernels along with turmeric
powder, chilly powder, yogurt/coconut milk and salt.
Saute everything until it thickens to a gravy
7. Add this gravy to the (soaked and drained) rice
along with 3 cups of water and mix well. Check for
salt and cook it in a rice cooker.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Corn Biryani is
ready to server