2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup self raising flour
⅓ cup Cadbury® Bournville® Cocoa
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ cup milk
CHOCOLATE BUTTER CREAM
60g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1¼ cups icing sugar, sifted
1 tablespoons Cadbury Bournville Cocoa, sifted
1 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160ºC fan forced.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs and mix until just combined.
3. Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda. Add to creamed mixture with milk. Stir until just combined.
4. Spoon into greased ⅓ cup muffin pans or a round baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Spread tops of cakes with chocolate butter cream.
5. To make the chocolate butter cream, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.