¼ cup oil
1 medium onion – sliced
1 chicken – cut, wash
2 tablespoon ginger garlic
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dhana jeera
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chillies
3 ground medium tomatoes
2 potatoes – ¼ ed
- Put oil in pot, add onions and cook on
medium heat till light pink.
- Add chicken and ginger garlic and cook till
water dries out, add spices.
- Mix all well and add tomatoes and potatoes.
- Cook till moisture is dry; add water for
gravy and boil.
- If adding meat, make sure meat is cooked
before adding spices and the rest.
- If cooking gram dholl, add gram dholl and
tomatoes with spices.
- If cooking green beans, add beans, 1 sliced
onion, double beans and peas with spices and
- If cooking bhinda, use chicken fillet, fry
bhinda and thick slices of potatoes. Cook
till no.3 till tomatoes are cooked. Then add
- Aknee: boil 2 cups rice with ¼ teaspoon
turmeric, 2 teaspoon salt, 3 cinnamon sticks and 5
cloves, till done. Drain rice, add to basic
curry till no.4. Mix together and simmer on
low till well steamed.
- Add 1 cup mixed vegetables to curry for aknee.