1 kg prawns deveined
1 ladel of oil
1⁄2 t jeera,
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3-4 curry leaves
2 teaspoon garlic
2-3 green chilli slices
1 big onion finely sliced
4-5 chopped tomatoes (or a can of tomatoes)
1⁄2 small tin tomato paste
salt to taste
1⁄2 t tumeric
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana jeera
1 tin coconut milk
To fry Prawns:
Add 4 tablespoon john spillers Peri Peri oil (or olive oil/sunflower oil) 1 sliced green chilli
1⁄2 t mustard seeds
salt, haider, curry leaves and garlic as required
1. In a pot, heat one ladel of oil. Throw in jeera, mustard seeds, curry leaves, garlic, green chilli slices. Saute onion finely sliced.
2. Add in chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
3. Add salt, haider, red chilli powder, dhana jeeru (cumin).
4. Let it cook till masala is thick and fully cooked.
5. Add in 1 cup boiling water after 10 minutes, or as much as you want for gravy.
6. Add coconut milk, slowly so nothing splits and give it one good boil.
7. In a hot frying pan, Add 4 tablespoon john spillers Peri Peri oil, sliced green chilli, mustard seeds, salt, haider, curry leaves and garlic. Quickly throw in prawns and saute on high. If you overcook, prawns will become powdery.
8. When prawns are done, put masala on high ,throw prawns in with lots of dhania (coriander) and let it boil for few minutes with lid closed ( till oil comes up )
Serve immediately with savoury rice.
INFO / TIPS
Adapted from Recipe/Bargains Whatsapp group
I find prawns curry tastes better the next day!