Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
•1 large onion (sliced),
•1kg mutton curry pieces,
•5 medium potatoes (halved),
•2 medium tomatoes (liquidized),
•500ml sour milk,
•2 tablespoon Lemon juice,
•1 teaspoon rough salt,
•1 teaspoon chilli powder,
•¼ teaspoon arad (Turmeric),
•1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin),
•¾ tablespoon red ginger garlic masala,
•2 whole green chillies (slit longwards, attached to stem),
•Tajj and Elachi (cardomom),
•Pinch saffron threads & 2 drops saffron essence,
•fist fresh dhania (coriander).
1. Braise onions with tajj and Elachi (cardomom) until golden.
2. In a deep dish mix sour milk, tomatoes, masala, spices, saffron & lemon juice.
3. Mix meat in mixture and pour into onions.
4. Allow meat water to burn out, then add more water till meat is tender and cooked.
5. Fry potatoes until golden on outside and fluffy inside.
6. Hard boil eggs, remove from shells, cut into halves and add to pot with potatoes.
7. Add a little water and allow potatoes and eggs to cook into gravy.
8. Cut dhania (coriander) and mix in. Serve with roti or fresh bread.