Ruhana's Sheppards Pie Casserole
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g lean beef mince,
1 onion (sliced),
1 cinnamon stick,
½ tablespoon red ginger garlic masala,
1 teaspoon chilli powder,
1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin),
2 tomatoes (liquidized),
1 tin creamstyle sweetcorn,
3 large potatoes,
Milk, garlic salt, pepper, butter, baking powder,
Grated sweetmilk cheese,
Chicken Lickin Soul Fire Sauce.
1. Braise onions with cinnamon until golden, add spices and masala and braise till fragnant. Add washed and drained mince.
2. Cook till meat water has evapourated, add tomatoes. Cook until done. Leave aside.
3. Wash and poke with a sharp knife, randomly all over potatoes. Wrap individually in carlton paper, and place in microwave, covering with micro lid, and bake for 7minutes or until a knife inserts easily into potatoes.
4. Peel, and make mash with milk, butter, pepper, garlic salt and pinch baking powder. Leave aside.
5. Boil spaghetti with salt and drizzle oil. Do not boil till soft, must be aldente. Leave aside.
6. Now assemble casserole:
Spoon and flatten mince evenly on bottom of pyrex dish,
Then spoon and flatten mash evenly ontop of mince.
Open can of corn, spoon evenly on mash.
Place spaghetti evenly on corn,
Sprinkle cheese and oregano.
Bake in oven until well heated through and cheese melts.
Serve with Soul Fire Sauce drizzled ontop.
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books...