Savory Butternut Fritters
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 cups peeled butternut (steamed)
± ½ cup cake flour (may add more)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 XL egg (beaten)
oil for pan
1 teaspoon rough red chillies
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon garlic salt
Pinch lemon pepper
5 tablespoon double thick yoghurt
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
Dash dried mixed herbs
2 tomatoes chopped
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin)
Pinch white pepper
1. Mash the butternut and mix with the remaining ingredients.
2. Heat a pan with a little oil.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. fry until lightly browned underneath.
Turn the fritters and fry until lightly browned on the other side.
4. Cook the relish until the tomato just breaks down.
5. Mix the yoghurt with rest of ingredients.
6. Toast bread, place fitters, sauce, relish and gerkins. And eat whilst hot.