Ginger Snap Cookies
Recipe credit: radio islam recipes
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1 cup oil,
2 cups castor sugar,
4 tablespoon golden syrup,
4 teaspoon ginger powder,
4 teaspoon cinnamon powder,
4 teaspoon baking powder,
2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda,
1 teaspoon white vinegar,
± 3-4 cups cake flour.
1. Beat together butter, oil & sugar.
2. Beat in golden syrup, ginger, baking powder.
3. Pour vinegar over bicarb and allow to bubble then add to mixture.
4. Form a soft dough with flour as needed, binding with hands.
5. Roll into small balls & roll in sugar and bake in preheated 180 °c till light brown.
6. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.